At LaMidbar is a five-month Masa Israel program designed for 21 – 30 year olds. You are invited to join a unique desert community and undertake a personal journey of deepening your understanding of yourself and your place in the world. Guided group meetings provide a forum for raising questions, listening, and dialogue.
The two program tracks, the Farm Internship and the Art Apprenticeship, provide an arena to learn a new skill and work with the land or with natural materials, as well as serving as a basis for observation, connection and growth arising from our daily interactions with people and the environment. The Farm Interns will join a Kibbutz work-team: organic agriculture, goat husbandry, goats’ cheese making, organic vegetable garden, organic date cultivation. The Art Apprentices will work closely with a master craftsman in metal-smithing, stained glass, ceramics, carpentry, or weaving. Both tracks will converge one day a week to work on a group green building project.
- Immersion in a unique community
- The inspiring desert atmosphere of the Negev
- Focus on reflection and personal learning from your experiences
- Ecological building in desert conditions
- Learn a practical, hands-on skill (organic agriculture, goat herding, cheese-making, natural materials)
-Apprenticeship with a master craftsman