Walk about love: the Israeli Route
This fascinating five months of learning & travel program is the best way to understand and appreciate Israel.
"Walk About Love" gives a unique opportunity to became familiar with Israeli nature and culture, to cross Israel from South to North on foot, to visit key natural resorts and taste a bit of the flavor of Jewish, Arab, Bedouin and Druze cuisine.
Our route includes parts of the Israeli National Trail that is 620 miles (about 1000 kilometers) long. The route passes through significant sites of Jewish heritage and Biblical history.
You will have an opportunity to travel in time and enjoy the beauty of Israeli landscape that has remained almost untouched for 2,000 years.
As a part of our journey we will prepare our own meals together and celebrate weekends with music around the bonfire. You will meet young people from all around the world.
We take upon ourselves all the arrangements (organizing of camping sites, everyday meals and route schedules, hot water, etc.) in order to help you enjoy your journey.
We invite everybody who enjoys nature and is interested in Israeli culture and history to join our program.
"Walk about love" program schedule:
• First stage (1 February,15-4 March,15) – You will learn Hebrew at a "field-school". You will participate in interactive workshops, meet different people and became familiar with different cultures.
• Second stage (5 March,15-23 May,15) - You will begin your fascinating "travel on foot" journey through the land of Israel from south to north with veterans of the route, who willingly will share with you their personal experiences.
• Last stage (24 May,15-30June,15) - You will reach Mount Hermon and the Golan Heights. Here you will have an opportunity to became familiar with local collective farms (kibbutzim) and agricultural settlements (moshavim), and be a part of the fruit-picking groups and other day-to-day duties of these communities.
• Our special – You will become familiar with the night life of both Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
• Save the date: The "Walk About Love" program begins on 1st February, 2015 with a huge Spring bonfire celebration on Tu b’Shvat.